4 risposte a questa discussione

#1 DennR

DennR

DREAM MAKER

• Gold Member
  • 497 messaggi
  • LocationUK

Inviato 12 luglio 2016 - 10:01

The Dream team are please to let you know a session for the White Pass & Yukon route (for TZ12) has been started and so far we have compatibility with T:ANE.

It is still very early in development but it should be fun to play.

WWII_zpsaiy3fn1t.png

TZ12 b61388

2016-07-11%20210621_zpssokb8d4g.jpg

T:ANE b82718

2016-07-11%20175519_zps0l9slc63.jpg

T:ANE b82718

I must thank Phil Skene for permission to modify his T:ANE only Uintah #51 for this session.

:ciao:

Ciao, Cheers, Best Regards
Bob
denningb@msn.com

Quando il gioco si fa duro; chiudere e andare alla taverna. :brindano:

#2 gciraso

gciraso

• Gold Member
  • 176 messaggi

Inviato 12 luglio 2016 - 03:12

:batiman:  :batiman:  :batiman:  :batiman:  :batiman:  :batiman:

Trainz Mac2 - T:ANE Mac

#3 normhart

normhart

• Gold Member
  • 122 messaggi

Inviato 13 luglio 2016 - 03:51

While it is really great to see a session for the WP&Y I have to say that is a weird choice of locomotive.

I also have to point out that the locomotive was created by BDANeal, not Phil Skene.

Otherwise  :applauso:

#4 DennR

DennR

DREAM MAKER

• Gold Member
  • 497 messaggi
  • LocationUK

Inviato 13 luglio 2016 - 10:16

Hello Norm,

I have tried to use the other locos for WP&Y including the K-28 series requisitioned by the military during WWII but the engine spec's are not usable in Cab Mode.  I am fairly sure that URY 50 and 51 were used between 1943 and 1945 on the WP&Y route but maybe not with the side tanks.

The version you see in the screens is the version uploaded to the DLS for T:ANE by Phil who gave me permission to use it with a different cab.  The cab I show may not be the final one but it has the correct forward window arrangement and it is compatible with TZ12/TS2 (same as the route optimisation) and also T:ANE.

Remember my sessions are first and foremost DLS assets only (the one stop shop) and I know togog does not like people messing with his loco's so Phil's update of URY #51 was my one and only option unless I decide to upload an update to the DLS myself if I find a better cab with the acknowledgement to all the authors involved of course.

My preferred cab would be bdaneals shortline cab but it is not on the DLS and it has problems with some of the T:ANE engine spec's. so for now we have the skipper1945 cab you see.

In the Locomotive upload by Phil you will see the fullest acknowledgement of the original author but the version I am using is Philskene's upload.

I hope that clarifies things for you, I also have K-28 472 in the session so that kinda limits the period for the session to 1943 after the requisitioned loco's arrived and before K-28 472 was wrecked.

Messaggio modificato da DennR, 13 luglio 2016 - 10:23

Bob
denningb@msn.com

#5 DennR

DennR

DREAM MAKER

• Gold Member
  • 497 messaggi
  • LocationUK

Inviato 17 luglio 2016 - 09:13

I eventually got the original bdaneal version of the Uintah #51 to work in in T:ANE but unfortunately when I tried to run the AI trains to provide interactive traffic they would not work well enough in T:ANE to allow me to proceed with the session so for a number of reasons: -

1. To get the player locomotive to work in T:ANE I had to edit one of the authors files.
  2. The Cab and I wanted the authentic original Cab was a built-in TZ12 asset that has not been migrated to T:ANE.
  3. The performance of the other authentic steam locomotives is so substandard as to make them just usable in TZ12 with care but utterly unusable in T:ANE.

I regret I have to abandon this war time session.  I will look at the possibility of a session in the late 1950's when there was a diesel fleet available and I know they work.  The unusable Steam fleet can then be placed as static items to add some authentic appearance to the route.

What I need are some ideas about what happened on the WP&Y between 1956 and 1960 so I can base a session around an event or combination of events.

Does anyone have any ideas that might help?

Messaggio modificato da DennR, 17 luglio 2016 - 09:14

Bob
denningb@msn.com

0 utente(i) stanno leggendo questa discussione

0 utenti, 0 visitatori, 0 utenti anonimi