38 risposte a questa discussione

#1 DennR

DennR

DREAM MAKER

• Gold Member
  • 497 messaggi
  • LocationUK

Inviato 01 agosto 2015 - 12:15

Since the release of W10 on the 29/07 I have been testing it with TZ12 b61388 and T:ANE b76401.

First the audto update from W8.1 to W10 failed repeatedly on each reboot with error 80240020 and in the end I forced the install using the method recomended by Microsoft.

Same problem with the update from W8.1 to W10 and same solution.

Next was to set up the new Edge browser and mail which was not a problem and so to Trainz, first was TZ12 and all went well.  The overall impression was that the program performed better that in the earlier versions of Windows.  The frame rates were 10% higher and the Sherman Hill sessions runs more smoothly that in W8.  The inherent problem with the 1 to 3 second pauses due to the Jet Engine used for TZ up to TZ12 was there but in the tests I done they occurred less often and where (in my perception) shorter in duration than in W8.

Happy with that I moved on to T:ANE and I found that it worked equally well in W10 as it did in W7 and W8.  No pauses and no stuttering with the default settings in all cases.  I tested two installations of T:ANE one with all the add-ons from the Kickstarter Bonus and one with base, built in and Sherman Hill only installed and both worked equally well.

I then turned my attention from the i7 desktops to my Laptop and at every reboot the upgrade failed with a different error code every time so I abandoned all attempts to upgrade and reformatted the ssd then did a clean install of W8.1 and installed W10 from USB stick made with the Tool provided by Microsoft and that worked like a dream.

The Laptop is a Toshiba and to my delight W 10 Pro works out of the box with none of the Toshiba Bloat needed in W7 and W8.1

I am now copying my Full version of TZ12 from the desktop to a portable hdd ​ ready to install on the Laptop, I'll let you know how that goes later. :)

• A pw10a2sal e Kessen1 piace questo

:ciao:

Ciao, Cheers, Best Regards
Bob
denningb@msn.com

Quando il gioco si fa duro; chiudere e andare alla taverna. :brindano:

#2 ettore48

ettore48

Karognenführer

• Staff
  • 10178 messaggi
  • LocationCitizen of the Galaxy today living at Colfax, CA

Inviato 01 agosto 2015 - 01:20

:batiman:

We have had the first kamikaze of the forum. Bob you are the winner :coppa: :coppa: :coppa: .

Joking aside, thank for test and explanations.

• A pw10a2sal piace questo

Ettore Grua - Kuid: 74906 - Der TZIT Karognenführer
ettoretorino48@gmail.com

IN GOD WE TRUST !  L'unico motivo per cui continuiamo ad usare Trainz

Gli stracci fanno la carta. La carta fa i soldi. I soldi fanno le banche. Le banche fanno i prestiti. I prestiti fanno i poveri. I poveri fanno gli stracci .(P. Zanotelli)

#3 DennR

DennR

DREAM MAKER

• Gold Member
  • 497 messaggi
  • LocationUK

Inviato 01 agosto 2015 - 01:56

The future is now not tomorrow.

Messaggio modificato da DennR, 01 agosto 2015 - 01:56

Bob
denningb@msn.com

#4 DennR

DennR

DREAM MAKER

• Gold Member
  • 497 messaggi
  • LocationUK

Inviato 01 agosto 2015 - 09:17

As promised my findings from TZ12 b61388 installed on my Laptop running W10 Pro. :mrgreen:

I was surprised my full install of TZ12 is 110GB so it took an age to copy to an external hdd and then move to the ssd on the laptop. :testa:

This was a clean install as explained in previous post so DirectX was not installed so I added it from the MS website and after a database rebuild TZ12 was good to go. :su:   The only thing I have run so far is a new Beta of the famous Ballast Turn on Sherman Hill and the session runs smoother than in W7 and W8 it has 5fps more than in W8 and the CPU temperature is between 3 and 5 degrees cooler than before. :)

That is Proof if proof were needed that Windows has been carrying a lot of processor hungry bloat for many years. :angry:

Messaggio modificato da DennR, 01 agosto 2015 - 09:17

Bob
denningb@msn.com

#5 DennR

DennR

DREAM MAKER

• Gold Member
  • 497 messaggi
  • LocationUK

Inviato 01 ottobre 2015 - 04:01

Windows 10 definitely helps both TZ12 and T:ANE.  I have moved all my PC's to W10 except my wife's laptop, she refuses to move from W7. :bho:

Overall I am happy with the move although I believe MS could have made the process more robust.  In W10 the shortcomings of T:ANE have been exposed so I was happy to see the hotfix 2 released this week.  I have started installing it to my various installations of T:ANE b76401 and so far (three out nine) all has worked as N3V have stated that it would.  I have been pleasantly surprised with the update, the frame rates are up the stability is better (in player mode) and I am pleased to say that in the pay-ware routes the hesitation and vanishing cab issues have been fixed. :)

I have not tried Surveyor yet, no time with the imminent release of a great new session from ettore48 so lots of beta testing in progress. :wink:

• A Cancio e Kessen1 piace questo

Bob
denningb@msn.com

#6 DennR

DennR

DREAM MAKER

• Gold Member
  • 497 messaggi
  • LocationUK

Inviato 04 ottobre 2015 - 06:14

Hi Again,

I have now updated all my existing T:ANE b76401 installations to b78667 with no problems.  I also made a clean install of b78667 using the download from the MyTrainz, the T:ANE installer has been updated to the latest version. :su:

That also worked first time and the test I have done so far suggest Player is improved a lot ;) but surveyor seems to still have many of the problems associated with the earlier version.  For now and at least until Sp1 is released I am still planning to stay with TZ12. :angry:

One important point I should mention is that all the updates and the clean install have been done with the installer run as administrator. :mrgreen:

Bob
denningb@msn.com

#7 DennR

DennR

DREAM MAKER

• Gold Member
  • 497 messaggi
  • LocationUK

Inviato 10 dicembre 2015 - 07:28

It has been a while but yesterday I found that Tony Hilliam had made the full T:ANE SP1 final BETA for everyone using the Auran forum.  I downloaded the option 1 installer and installed a clean (no payware addons) and ran built-in sessions for about 2 hours and there was a big improvement between the HF2 b78667 and the latest SP1 BETA b79947.

I found framerates of 20  or more higher than previously, the play was smoother and no freezes occurred during the tests.  The disappearing cab error has been fixed and I had no cdt crashes.  So overall I was impressed with the work done by N3V and I next added a beta of WP&Y I have tested for Jango and it installed and tested as good or better than the built-in routes. :su:

I think T:ANE is now reaching a very usable level and this is of course now running in Windows 10 SP1 and latest windows and T:ANE caused no problems for me.  :)  The overall player game play with T:ANE SP1 Beta is a worthwhile improvement over TZ12 and T:ANE HF2, I will now do an install for Donner Pass and try some session building in Surveyor because I have had serious problems with that previously after I have had chance to do some serious work in surveyor I will report back. :mrgreen:

Bob
denningb@msn.com

#8 sidew

sidew

Saboteur

• Gold Member
  • 3125 messaggi

Inviato 10 dicembre 2015 - 08:32

Finally a working version of trains since tz12

Aldo aka Sidewinder - kuid: 311961 userid: sidew -  trainz.png
4.png

"I used to be a trainzdiriver like you... then I took an arrow in the knee"
"Oops!" - Shannon Foraker, Ashes of Victory

#9 DennR

DennR

DREAM MAKER

• Gold Member
  • 497 messaggi
  • LocationUK

Inviato 10 dicembre 2015 - 09:43

Finally a working version of trains since tz12

I hope so, but I need to do more testing before I will be convinced it is a replacement for TZ12.

Bob
denningb@msn.com

#10 DennR

DennR

DREAM MAKER

• Gold Member
  • 497 messaggi
  • LocationUK

Inviato 12 dicembre 2015 - 11:32

I have now installed Donner Pass and the 19-11 session in T:ANE SP1 and I am pleased to say all the built-in faulty assets from earlier versions are now fixed. Please be aware the CS-... and Donner House faulty assets are still faulty, 69 of them.

I ran the session for about an hour and all was well so I was nearly convinced that we have a working version.  Next I went to Surveyor and made about 20 changes in the session and saved them :vinco: .  There were no CDT and the save worked all the changes were saved to the session so now if the interlocking tower issue and the shrinking launcher screen issues can be fixed I will be a fan of T:ANE because the session play is far superior to TZ12. :su:

Bob
denningb@msn.com

#11 Kessen1

Kessen1

TrainZItalia Friend

• Staff
  • 2302 messaggi

Inviato 15 dicembre 2015 - 04:34

Oggi Windows 10 ha fatto un aggiornamento molto pesante, ci sono volute più di due ore per finire.

Se lo fa anche a voi, come al solito armatevi di tanta pazienza ;)

Antonio C. (Kessen1) - Kuid: 531852
Trainz 10th Anniversary Collector's Edition Certificate n.495, T:ANE Standard Edition

#12 DennR

DennR

DREAM MAKER

• Gold Member
  • 497 messaggi
  • LocationUK

Inviato 15 dicembre 2015 - 06:50

If you have W10 Pro then this will be the SP1 update and it is big.  I had it a week or two ago, it was good on the desktop but caused big problems on my laptop.  The data partition was almost full and I had to learn how to get rid of all the unnecessary contents to llow the update to work.  Windows 10 is a good alternative to windows 7 and 8 but it still needs some help especially to update. :specchio:

I have one PC with Windows 10 Home and I have not seen any big update for that one. :su:

• A Kessen1 piace questo

Bob
denningb@msn.com

#13 DennR

DennR

DREAM MAKER

• Gold Member
  • 497 messaggi
  • LocationUK

Inviato 23 dicembre 2015 - 10:01

Hello,

This evening I have installed T:ANE SP1 b80201 and it was a perfect piece of software installation.

Because I want several installations for Beta testing and playing my favourite routes and sessions I decided to go for the full offline installer.

8.6GB 40 minutes download and then I was amazed the installation of the complete base simulator took only 3 minutes and I inserted my destination folder and where I wanted the userdata folder and restarted T:ANE and ran a short session in the UK built in route. Perfect performance and good frame rates.

Of course I want to be able to work in surveyor and I will get around  to that after I make my installations for Donner Pass and Sherman Hill. I will let you know how that goes later in the Holidays.

Bob
denningb@msn.com

#14 DennR

DennR

DREAM MAKER

• Gold Member
  • 497 messaggi
  • LocationUK

Inviato 24 dicembre 2015 - 08:13

Having made the clean install of T:ANE SP1 it is so easy to clone and then add routes and sessions into it.  Today I have made copies for WP&Y and tested parts of the route and industries perfectly. Then a copy for Donner Pass 1.2 and Donner Winter, both installed and sessions run OK on both.  We still have 69 faulty assets in Donner Pass and an additional 4 in Donner Winter but the routes work despite the missing parts.  There are an additional 3 DLS downloads of YARNish assets that are faulty in Donner Pass so T:ANE SP1 does not fix them.

I have made the copy for Sherman Hill 2.1 and left it installing the route at the moment but I am hopeful that that route will be error free.  I have a very heavy coal train from Powder River Basin under development so I will install that pre-Beta session and see how this 14,600 ton train performs compared to TZ12 where I have developed it so far, Wish me luck.

stock-vector-merry-christmas-and-happy-n

Bob
denningb@msn.com

#15 Kessen1

Kessen1

TrainZItalia Friend

• Staff
  • 2302 messaggi

Inviato 24 dicembre 2015 - 08:46

Merry Christmas !!! :)

Sorry for the English but with google translate.

We do not give up, sooner or later we'll fix those :)
Meanwhile, I have discovered how to create a train with build 4.2 without any error XD
24n4t9i.jpg

Messaggio modificato da Kessen1, 24 dicembre 2015 - 08:54

• A DennR piace questo
Antonio C. (Kessen1) - Kuid: 531852
Trainz 10th Anniversary Collector's Edition Certificate n.495, T:ANE Standard Edition

#16 DennR

DennR

DREAM MAKER

• Gold Member
  • 497 messaggi
  • LocationUK

Inviato 24 dicembre 2015 - 09:23

Hi Kessen,

No apologies needed for English Ettore told me to write in English and let him translate because my Google / Italian made him cry. :lacrime:

Your train in 4.2 is good work. :su:

I am still building for TZ12 b61388 because the routes are still only designed for TZ12. :mapensate:

I want to update all the sessions I have released on TZIT so they can be released for T:ANE as soon as Donner Pass and Sherman Hill are updated officially. :su: 

I use T:ANE to test and prove the sessions so that experts like you can run the session in T:ANE if you want to do that. :motorino:

Now we have T:ANE SP1 I think session building in 3.7 so they are compatible with build No. 4.2 should be very easy. :bho:

Bob
denningb@msn.com

#17 pw10a2sal

pw10a2sal

TrainZItalia Friend

• Gold Member
  • 1992 messaggi
  • LocationSingen, Lago di Costanza, Germania

Inviato 25 dicembre 2015 - 12:54

Hello DennR,

Merry Christmas to you and your family. I am accused to be the king of offtopic. Soo, let´s not disappoint the guys.

Let´s begin to try to explain you the nature of the state of humor of ettore. See this "informative" video, the ranting in this video covers the nature of the whole person ettore. Do not expect a hello kitty speech from him.

https://www.youtube....h?v=QC3sURgYxng

and the best way to defend him, is in this way,

https://www.youtube....h?v=nPk43lZPkTI

https://www.youtube....h?v=3WHSkbM9zAU

just don´t let his comments go to your heart, or it happens something like "moral totally destroyed by ettore". And to enhance the fame that I have, to be the king of offtopic. I have the right video for you.

https://www.youtube....h?v=QeF1JO7Ki8E

All the best for you, and any other English speaking people for XMas.

P.S.: You have been called a kamikaze. I think a different angle is more appropriated, like: JAPAN would be proud of you.

• A DennR piace questo

:ciao: Salvo.

Info: KUID:210380 - Auran ID:sgsicfce

Nino Manfredi: Caminate basso e attenti alle freccie.

Alberto Sordi: Perche ? Sono avvelenate ?

Nino Manfredi: Che te frega ? Annamo.. :7:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/salvo682/

Trovate i miei Oggetti Trainz su https://www.mediafir...wcbqea7p/Trainz

#18 DennR

DennR

DREAM MAKER

• Gold Member
  • 497 messaggi
  • LocationUK

Inviato 25 dicembre 2015 - 02:53

Salvo,

I think with you message #17 you can become the new "Kamikaze Knig of :offtopic: ".

I am not afraid. Bulldog_zpszbh98hre.png

I have the English Channel to protect be from der Karognenführer but Ettore could take you by surprise at any time.   :pipistrello:

Enjoy the rest of your Christmas but watch out behind you.

• A pw10a2sal piace questo

Bob
denningb@msn.com

#19 DennR

DennR

DREAM MAKER

• Gold Member
  • 497 messaggi
  • LocationUK

Inviato 28 dicembre 2015 - 10:04

Back on topic,

The progress to W10 had some problems but compared to T:ANE and SP1 it was a walk in the park.

I have now tried a really serious driver session that is in early planning stages in the T:ANE b80201 which is the early release SP1.  For those who want to travel around in DCC mode no problem it is many times better than the earlier releases and better than TZ12 with all the hot fixes and service packs.

Now I come to the but.

T:ANE SP1 has some serious problems when you try to drive in realistic "driver mode" the gauges are not stable, the power produced by the locomotives is more like a Saturn 5 and the tractive effort is phenomenal, I challenge anyone to get wheelspin. There are some other niggles that I believe are planned to be fixed in the 4th Jan 2016 release but unless the issues with the locomotives can be resolved it is sadly for me as a session writer yet another N3V lemon.

Now where is Ettore?

Messaggio modificato da DennR, 28 dicembre 2015 - 10:05

Bob
denningb@msn.com

#20 DennR

DennR

DREAM MAKER

• Gold Member
  • 497 messaggi
  • LocationUK

Inviato 04 gennaio 2016 - 12:24

Well T:ANE SP1 is officially released now and it works as a 66Mb patch to b80201, I have made 5 updates this morning and all installed easily from the new patcher in less than 5 minutes including the download time.

Sadly none of the locomotive excessive power output and super adhesion causing no wheelslip have been addressed by N3V

In it's favour the default bright and shiny appearance has been toned down a little and the F6 hide schedule bar and the automatic reappearance is now only happening with the html messages so a small improvement.

No additional fixes for any of the faulty assets we have in Donner Pass but Sherman Hill and WP&Y both install showing no errors and they do look spectacular.

I have now completed 6 installation updates to SP1 b80276 and the installation process is the best yet.

EDIT:  there is no automatic update patch available for HF2 b78667 so to do the update and keep your database is more complicated.

All the update options can be found http://forums.auran....6-UPDATED-Jan-4

Messaggio modificato da DennR, 04 gennaio 2016 - 05:02

Bob
denningb@msn.com

0 utente(i) stanno leggendo questa discussione

0 utenti, 0 visitatori, 0 utenti anonimi