23 risposte a questa discussione

#1 UP844

UP844

Missing in Action

• Administrators
  • 25719 messaggi
  • LocationSulla cattiva strada

Inviato 17 gennaio 2015 - 10:04

http://www.trainzitalia.com/forum/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=81

Nome file: Monolith Cement

Autore del file: UP844

File inserito: 17 gen 2015

Categoria del file: Routes, content and sessions

Switching / branch line run session in Laramie.

You have two EMD GP-9 at Laramie Yard.
Wait for the eastbound manifest, take the empty hoppers from the manifest and replace them with departing boxcars.
Couple to the hoppers and deliver them to the branch line quarry.
Return to the cement plant running light, pick the loaded cement hoppers and bring them to Laramie.
Couple the cement hoppers to the rear of the westbound manifest.

Session duration: 2 hours, 30 minutes

REQUIRES THE SHERMAN HILL V2.1A FREEWARE ROUTE
REQUIRES THE FEF-3 AND CHALLENGER FREEWARE PACKS

Author: Ettore48

Betatesters: DennR, Gigi-mmo, pegaso52, UP844

Clicca qui per scaricare il file

Allega File(s)

• A owsleyiii piace questo

And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here

UP844 - KUID: 69593 - Author ID: Pendolino - Join Date: Aug 1, 2002
TS2010 build 49933:   morte_benedico

TS12 build 61388 Collectors' Edition #405  :uè2:

T:ANE: no, grazie! (ecco perché)  :impiccato:

TRS19: appena uscirà ufficialmente :mrgreen:

#2 Kessen1

Kessen1

TrainZItalia Friend

• Staff
  • 2302 messaggi

Inviato 17 gennaio 2015 - 10:07

Grazie !!! :su:

Antonio C. (Kessen1) - Kuid: 531852
Trainz 10th Anniversary Collector's Edition Certificate n.495, T:ANE Standard Edition

#3 pegaso52

pegaso52

Cab Mode

• Gold Member
  • 3022 messaggi
  • LocationGranducato di Toscana o meglio FEDERAZIONE ETRUSCA

Inviato 17 gennaio 2015 - 10:23

Grazie!

Pier Luigi Kuid 519059
TS 10 Build 49933
TS 12+SP1 Build 61388 Collectors' edition n° 970
T:ANE CE SP3 Build 94916
TRS 2019 Build 97556

#4 D143.3046

D143.3046

TrainZItalia Friend

• Gold Member
  • 1829 messaggi
  • LocationTrasferito negli USA, principalmente Roseville

Inviato 18 gennaio 2015 - 03:19

Grazie!

TRS2012+SP1+HF4 build61388
-------------
L' uomo più sà e più vale.
01/03/2010: Exp 823 Milano C.le - Agrigento C.le e Exp 834 Agrigento C.le - Milano C.le eliminati dall'orario FS morte_benedico :lacrime: :lacrime:

Mauro Moretti, Settembre 2006 - Aprile 2014 morte_benedico

#5 ettore48

ettore48

Karognenführer

• Staff
  • 10178 messaggi
  • LocationCitizen of the Galaxy today living at Colfax, CA

Inviato 18 gennaio 2015 - 06:57

A.S.A.P. JR version will be here.

Only required :

UP GP7/9 Pack

:ciao:

Ettore Grua - Kuid: 74906 - Der TZIT Karognenführer
ettoretorino48@gmail.com

IN GOD WE TRUST !  L'unico motivo per cui continuiamo ad usare Trainz

Gli stracci fanno la carta. La carta fa i soldi. I soldi fanno le banche. Le banche fanno i prestiti. I prestiti fanno i poveri. I poveri fanno gli stracci .(P. Zanotelli)

#6 e645

e645

TrainZItalia Friend

• Gold Member
  • 2141 messaggi
  • LocationAncona

Inviato 19 gennaio 2015 - 12:32

grazie.....

Luciano
e645 ---- kuid: 241232

#7 owsleyiii

owsleyiii

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 62 messaggi
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Inviato 19 gennaio 2015 - 10:31

Thank you very much Ettore48 and DennR, Gigi-mmo, pegaso52 and UP844/Pendolino for making, testing and providing this session.   :cool:

Thanks Pendolino for posting this and the session files.

After installing this session I have a few unknown assets:

<kuid:69593:101118> 

<kuid:69593:101093> 
<kuid:69593:101092> 
<kuid:69593:101091>

Are these assets necessary or important for the session? 

If they are necessary or important, any and all help identifying and tracking these unknown assets down would be greatly appreciated. 

I see the user id is UP844/Pendolino's but using google and trainzkuidindex I was unable to locate any existing links for these unknown assets.

Thank you for any and all help in advance.

Best Regards

--Owen

Messaggio modificato da owsleyiii, 19 gennaio 2015 - 10:32

"Engineer whistles loud and long, Can't stop the train gotta let it roll on" -- Chuck Berry, "Let It Rock"

#8 UP844

UP844

Missing in Action

• Administrators
  • 25719 messaggi

Inviato 19 gennaio 2015 - 10:50

Hello Owen,

I will check the MKs in a few minutes. Looking at their KUID numbers (101xxx) I think these are consist-type assets. They should be portal-generated consists: we were forced to add them to the session config since the game does not add the locomotives and cars of portal-generated trains as dependencies. I think I will have to upload a new CDP containing these KUIDS.

There is a rule on the DLS that reads portal settings and adds portal-generated rolling stock to the session config, but unfortunately it does not work with trackmarks configured as portals through the "Unportal" rule :(.

#9 UP844

UP844

Missing in Action

• Administrators
  • 25719 messaggi

Inviato 19 gennaio 2015 - 11:58

Hello Owen,

the attached CDP file contains the four missing assets. I will replace the session CDP as soon as possible. Thanks for reporting the issue!

Il CDP allegato contiene questi quattro oggetti (convogli) che sono stati inavvertitamente lasciati fuori dal CDP della sessione (che sarà sostituito al più presto).

<kuid:69593:101118>
<kuid:69593:101093>
<kuid:69593:101092>
<kuid:69593:101091>

Allega File  Monolith_Cement_consists.cdp   231,09KB   38 Numero di downloads
  • A bazcouta piace questo

#10 ettore48

ettore48

Karognenführer

• Staff
  • 10178 messaggi
  • LocationCitizen of the Galaxy today living at Colfax, CA

Inviato 20 gennaio 2015 - 10:38

100 test ed alla fine qualche bue scappa sempre dalla stalla. :azz:

Ettore Grua - Kuid: 74906 - Der TZIT Karognenführer
ettoretorino48@gmail.com

IN GOD WE TRUST !  L'unico motivo per cui continuiamo ad usare Trainz

Gli stracci fanno la carta. La carta fa i soldi. I soldi fanno le banche. Le banche fanno i prestiti. I prestiti fanno i poveri. I poveri fanno gli stracci .(P. Zanotelli)

#11 sidew

sidew

Saboteur

• Gold Member
  • 3125 messaggi

Inviato 20 gennaio 2015 - 11:37

100 test ed alla fine qualche bue scappa sempre dalla stalla. :azz:

Come direbbero gli americani: "Shit happens"...

• A owsleyiii piace questo

Aldo aka Sidewinder - kuid: 311961 userid: sidew -  trainz.png
4.png

"I used to be a trainzdiriver like you... then I took an arrow in the knee"
"Oops!" - Shannon Foraker, Ashes of Victory

#12 bazcouta

bazcouta

• Gold Member
  • 2 messaggi

Inviato 17 febbraio 2015 - 02:18

I have just downloaded the Monolith Cement session and had the same issue. I assume that you have not updated the cdp with the extra files.

Just to let you know, thanks Andrew.

#13 UP844

UP844

Missing in Action

• Administrators
  • 25719 messaggi

Inviato 17 febbraio 2015 - 03:07

Hello Andrew,

I have not yet updated the session CDP (my fault). The extra files, however, are attached to post #9 in this same thread (Monolith_Cement_consists.cdp)

EDIT: I saw you already found the file.

Regards

#14 Frimbo

Frimbo

• Gold Member
  • 15 messaggi
  • LocationChapel Hill, NC

Inviato 19 febbraio 2015 - 02:39

I am just now getting to this session because I have been having too much fun with the Portland Rose  :) !  It can be quite a challenge to push the speed at the start and stay out of the hole at Emkay Siding.

I really like this session as well.  :su: What  a great mix of switching and branch line running.  All the mainline traffic only adds to the interest.  Another excellent job by TrainzItalia! :coppa:

I particularly like having the step by step instructions and having all the switches set - except of course when I am faced with the switching puzzle at the quarry and cruelly left on my own to figure it out  ;) .

Thanks for a wonderful Trainz experience. On to Heavy Metal, Holly Frontier, and then Donner Pass.  Can't wait! :vinco:

Edit: I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed seeing the Big Boy leave the roundhouse, coal up, and then pull away with the westbound manifest I had assembled.  Three cheers!  :brindano:

Messaggio modificato da Frimbo, 19 febbraio 2015 - 02:47

• A UP844 piace questo

"EM Frimbo

Rogers EM Whitaker

World's Greatest Railroad Buff
Travelled 2,748,673.74 miles on Railroads"
Memorial Plaque on a tie just west of the water plug at Cumbres Pass on the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad

#15 UP844

UP844

Missing in Action

• Administrators
  • 25719 messaggi

Inviato 19 febbraio 2015 - 12:56

Hello Frimbo,

thanks for your kind words: we are glad you enjoyed the sessions.

The Portland Rose is also one of my favourites: I tried several tactics trying to beat the eastbound freightand avoiding being stuck at Emkay Siding Since all AI trains are subject to random delays, however, there is no such thing as an optimum driving style. The most effective conduct, in my opinion, is travelling along Speer Siding at low speed (10 to 15 MPH), building up pressure and water, so as to be ready to unleash the full power of the 844 once you get a green at the west end. If the tank car train comes late and the eastbound freight is early, however, you will end up in the hole, no matter how fast you run.

As for switches, there is no cruelty involved :).

As a rule, we assume that when the player is within a yard, or on the main line, switches are thrown by some centralized equipment or by ground crews. We did that for several reasons:

1) to keep the session development under control, to avoid having to add additional checks to make sure the player has set the proper path and to be sure AI trains behave as intended

2) to keep the session playable: sometimes setting the required path in a yard involves throwing a series of switches: as a player, I would not like having to read a series of instructions like "Turn CHY 42 left - Turn CHY 38 right - Turn CHY 39a left" :D.

When the player is switching an industry, we assume all switches are thrown by onboard personnel (i.e. the player): in this case the tasks to perform are usually quite straightforward and we think this additional chore makes the session more enjoyable.

I added an Italian translation of your previous post below.

Ho iniziato solo adesso ad usare questa sessione [la Monolith] perché mi stavo divertendo troppo con la Portland Rose :) ! All'inizio, riuscire a battere in velocità il treno incrociante ed evitare di essere messi in buca a Emkay Siding può essere davvero impegnativo.

Anche questa sessione mi piace molto :su:: è un bel misto di manovre e guida su una linea secondaria. Il traffico sulla linea principale aggiunge un ulteriore motivo di interessse. Un'altra eccellente realizzazione da TrainZItalia! :coppa:
Mi piacciono particolarmente le istruzioni passo per passo ed il fatto il giocatore non debba manovrare tutti gli scambi, con l'eccezione - ovviamente - di quando mi tocca affrontare le manovre rompicapo alla cava e vengo lasciato crudelmente da solo ad immaginare come cavarmela ;).

Grazie per questa meravigliosa esperienza con Trainz. Proseguirò con la Heavy Metal, la Holly Frontier e poi con la Donner Pass. Non vedo l'ora! :vinco: 

Aggiunta: Ho dimenticato di dire quanto mi sia piaciuto vedere la Big Boy lasciare il deposito, fare rifornimento di carbone e quindi partire verso ovest con il merci misto che avevo appena formato. Tre urrà! :brindano:

#16 richard_spitzer

richard_spitzer

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 32 messaggi

Inviato 12 giugno 2017 - 08:42

I'm not sure if I understood well all instructions in Cement Plant. I pushed empty open hoppers there. Before junction CEM 7 I got an instruction I have to set switches myself now. I move train behing CEM 7 because I didn't get any other instruction. When I moved whole train behind CEM 7 I still didn't get any message. I said myself I have probably move behind CEM 4 and CEM 5 for reverse my train (two GP9s now will be in head-end train to Laramie).

When I moved back I got a message:

vince_black_20170612_0000_zpsxm4wsr0v.jp

I can't reverse the loco, because whole train didn't pass CEM 4 a CEM 5 yet:

vince_black_20170612_0003_zpsqwar5mgp.jp

So, I ignored this instruction, moved whole train behing CEM 4 and CEM 5 and reversed the loco. When I passed CEM 3 I got an instruction to couple white covered hoppers. But at this moment:

vince_black_20170612_0004_zpsgvayuyxu.jp

I should have finish passing CEM 3 first and then go back and couple last empty open red hopper to the first white covered hopper. I did it and I got a message I can go back to Laramie.

But why I took all open hoppers here. The most probably answer is I might uncouple open hoppers somewhere, but I didn't get any instruction about uncoupling them. Where I could uncouple them? Or did I miss any message?

The most probably session is to push empty cars behing CEM 7, uncouple the locos (didn't get any such message), move two locos behing CEM 4 and CEM 5, reverse the loco, go behind CEM 3, couple to the white covered hoppers and take them to Laramie (but what with empty open hoppers)?

If it was the original idea, there is something wrong probably, some missing instruction.

#17 UP844

UP844

Missing in Action

• Administrators
  • 25719 messaggi

Inviato 12 giugno 2017 - 09:04

Hello Richard,

the brown hoppers must be delivered to the quarry and left there (I think this is stated in some instruction window before you leave Laramie).

When you arrive at the cement plant, your train should be routed along the northern leg of the wye. If I remember correctly, you must turn the switch in front of your train and then you must continue down the branch until you arrive at the quarry.

When you arrive at the quarry you will have to switch the cars to the loading tracks and then you must go back to the cement plant with the two GP-9s running light. There, you will have to couple the white hoppers and take them to Laramie (where the session will end).

As soon as I manage to spare some time, I will make a run to check if anything is wrong.

#18 UP844

UP844

Missing in Action

• Administrators
  • 25719 messaggi

Inviato 12 giugno 2017 - 11:35

Here are the three instruction screens shown from the moment you couple to the empty hoppers at Laramie to the arrival at the quarry at the end of the branch.

When you arrive at the red signal on the northern leg of the wye you must only turn the switch ahead and proceed down the branch: you do not have to back your train on the other leg of the wye (we would have stated so in the instruction screen).

Allega File(s)

#19 richard_spitzer

richard_spitzer

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 32 messaggi

Inviato 13 giugno 2017 - 07:37

Oh, there is the problem! :) I stopped so soon, at the leg of the wye and didn't continue, because I supposed track is ended behing the closest hill. Didn't know quarry is there. I'm so stupid. Thank you! :su:

#20 richard_spitzer

richard_spitzer

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 32 messaggi

Inviato 13 giugno 2017 - 11:06

I'm sorry again, but when is the finish of this session? I pushed white covered hoppers to a string of boxcars and connected them. Then I got an instruction I have to back down few feet and wait. The steam engine take my train and departed. Then I got a message I must go behind LAR 59. I moved back but before I could reach this juction I got message stop the loco and couple to some caboose. I was confused but did what I had to.

After several yards of move I got another message: "Stop the loco / Reverse direction / Bring the boxcars to a stop on track #3". What boxcars??? I didn't couple any. I admit the first problem was my fault, but now I'm totally confused... :(

It seems I got a messages I should get before.

0 utente(i) stanno leggendo questa discussione

0 utenti, 0 visitatori, 0 utenti anonimi