83 risposte a questa discussione

#21 Frimbo

Frimbo

• Gold Member
  • 15 messaggi
  • LocationChapel Hill, NC

Inviato 26 gennaio 2015 - 02:11

I Tom,

Owen is running my sessions on Sherman2.1A without MD.

Can 'be that MAC 2 can not download some objects from DLS?

Ciao

ET

Ciao a tutti!  :)

My education continues.  Perhaps I was a little confused yesterday ( :bevibirra: ?), but I clearly made some errors not the least of which was forgetting the missing leftovers file.   I was able to fix the bells.wav file, by deleting and then replacing the quotation marks - not sure why that worked, but it did.  I then had limited success finding the other KUIDS on the web, but I did get a somewhat comprehensive survey of world linguistics.

It then dawned on me that perhaps I had forgotten to drop other CDP files as well. I redownloaded the route and and recopied the files and have now discovered that all my KUID searches and file modifications were not needed.  :lol:

I am now left with but one missing KUID and that is 69593:100526. Like Piero, when I click on Gigi's link, I don't have permission to download it.

Thanks for your patience as I climb the learning curve.  

Now it's time to download some sessions and start driving tomorrow! :su:

Grazie mille!

- Tom  :ciao:  

"EM Frimbo

Rogers EM Whitaker

World's Greatest Railroad Buff
Travelled 2,748,673.74 miles on Railroads"
Memorial Plaque on a tie just west of the water plug at Cumbres Pass on the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad

#22 gigi-mmo

gigi-mmo

TrainZItalia Friend

• Gold Member
  • 1212 messaggi
  • LocationInsubria

Inviato 26 gennaio 2015 - 08:38

Grazie Gigi ma mi dice che non ho i permessi

:bho: Se non riesci a recuperarlo mandami, questa sera, un MP che lo carico sul mio sito e ti mando il link

:ciao:

Gigi Gerosa 645828
Trainz Mac - Trainz Mac 2 - TANE Mac - TS19 Mac

#23 owsleyiii

owsleyiii

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 62 messaggi
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Inviato 27 gennaio 2015 - 12:46

Hey Tom  :)

Glad to see you have figured out your dependency issues.  

I think no matter where you are on the arc, the great Trainz learning curve would seem to be endless...

Interesting to know about your .wav fix -- I usually use audacity to fix those .wav errors for TS2 Mac CM 3.8; importing files that get flagged with this error in audacity and simply converting the sound itself to 22.5 kHz and then saving a new .wav will work in many cases where that error comes up for TS2 Mac.  However your way would seem much easier  ;)   Will have to try that next time!  Maybe CM 3.8 fixed it for you or worked out its own error by removing & then replacing the quotation marks?

I am guessing that a TrainzItalia Staff member's authorization would be necessary to post a link for the missing asset 69593:100526 in order for it to be available for download in the forum.  However it was kind of gigi-mmo to attempt to do so  :su:

Have fun with the Sherman sessions!

Happy Trainzing & Best Regards

--Owen

Messaggio modificato da owsleyiii, 27 gennaio 2015 - 12:47

"Engineer whistles loud and long, Can't stop the train gotta let it roll on" -- Chuck Berry, "Let It Rock"

#24 UP844

UP844

Missing in Action

• Administrators
  • 25719 messaggi
  • LocationSulla cattiva strada

Inviato 27 gennaio 2015 - 12:46

Dal momento che mi è partito un database repair e non posso accedere a Trainz, ho provato anch'io a scaricare il file postato da Gigi, ma non me lo permette :(. Devo provare a contattare un amministratore? :mrgreen:

Appena finisce il database repair, vedo di venirne a capo...

I cannot access Trainz since it has decided it was time for a database repair, so I tried downloading the file posted by Gigi without success :(. Should I try contacting an administrator? :mrgreen:

As soon as the database repair is complete, I will try to solve this issue.

And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here

UP844 - KUID: 69593 - Author ID: Pendolino - Join Date: Aug 1, 2002
TS2010 build 49933:   morte_benedico

TS12 build 61388 Collectors' Edition #405  :uè2:

T:ANE: no, grazie! (ecco perché)  :impiccato:

TRS19: appena uscirà ufficialmente :mrgreen:

#25 UP844

UP844

Missing in Action

• Administrators
  • 25719 messaggi

Inviato 27 gennaio 2015 - 12:52

I am guessing that a TrainzItalia Staff member's authorization would be necessary to post a link for the missing asset 69593:100526 in order for it to be available for download in the forum.  However it was kind of gigi-mmo to attempt to do so  :su:

Most likely, <kuid:69593:100526> is one of the portal-generated consists, included to avoid having MKs in TS2010: I think it is useless in TS12, but when you are dealing with Trainz, you can never be sure. Unfortunately I cannot retrieve it now because my TS12 has entered a "stream of consciousness" state (i.e. it has decided it had to do a database repair :().

#26 ettore48

ettore48

Karognenführer

• Staff
  • 10178 messaggi
  • LocationCitizen of the Galaxy today living at Colfax, CA

Inviato 27 gennaio 2015 - 03:08

No Carlo.
It's your distances indicator  UPPM UP-000, <kuid: 69593: 100526>.

It is an integral part of the route, and no one has ever complained about the lack. : bho:

Ettore Grua - Kuid: 74906 - Der TZIT Karognenführer
ettoretorino48@gmail.com

IN GOD WE TRUST !  L'unico motivo per cui continuiamo ad usare Trainz

Gli stracci fanno la carta. La carta fa i soldi. I soldi fanno le banche. Le banche fanno i prestiti. I prestiti fanno i poveri. I poveri fanno gli stracci .(P. Zanotelli)

#27 Frimbo

Frimbo

• Gold Member
  • 15 messaggi

Inviato 27 gennaio 2015 - 05:15

Hey Tom  :)

Glad to see you have figured out your dependency issues.  

I think no matter where you are on the arc, the great Trainz learning curve would seem to be endless...

Interesting to know about your .wav fix -- I usually use audacity to fix those .wav errors for TS2 Mac CM 3.8; importing files that get flagged with this error in audacity and simply converting the sound itself to 22.5 kHz and then saving a new .wav will work in many cases where that error comes up for TS2 Mac.  However your way would seem much easier  ;)   Will have to try that next time!  Maybe CM 3.8 fixed it for you or worked out its own error by removing & then replacing the quotation marks?

Have fun with the Sherman sessions!

Happy Trainzing & Best Regards

--Owen

This is a gorgeous route and I love all the small touches such as the people, cars, and automatic whistles for grade crossings. :su: I still have some issues ( ;) ) - because of my earlier mistakes I decided to do a clean install - but I am working through them and enjoying the TrainzItalia creation! I am looking forward to taking on Donner Pass soon. :)

Thanks for your help. I got the .wav suggestion from the Trainz Wiki Fixing Assets chapter which also taught me the texture.txt and raw image fix that cleaned up the 40 ft boxcars from the Portland Rose session.

Gigi and 844 were kind enough to PM me with a download link to that asset. What a great community! :vinco:

Thank you, TrainzItalia! :coppa:

"EM Frimbo

Rogers EM Whitaker

Memorial Plaque on a tie just west of the water plug at Cumbres Pass on the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad

#28 UP844

UP844

Missing in Action

• Administrators
  • 25719 messaggi

Inviato 27 gennaio 2015 - 07:15

I think I will have to add an item to the "Missing Leftovers" CDP.

Let us know about any issues you have: we can handle it (or, at least, we can try :D)

#29 Frimbo

Frimbo

• Gold Member
  • 15 messaggi

Inviato 28 gennaio 2015 - 04:42

Ciao a tutti -

Many major triumphs today!  :batiman:  

I now have error free installations of Sherman Hill, Heavy Metal, and Portland Rose with but one exception:

The GE ES44AC GE Demo/UP#7805 in Heavy Metal is listed as missing dependencies. Yet, when I click on the dependencies, they are all there. :huh:   Any recommendations?  

Once I learned to delete thumbnails for 5-6 assets that had the "tag image in 0 is a non-existent file error," my major issue was Portland Rose and Heavy Metal loading with a bug where few if any of the AI drivers had orders.  I clicked on the red bug (didn't know you could do that - my education continues :) ) and discovered that the issue was with a driver command rule and asset Kuid2:400260:423246:2 called decouple N.  I found that on the download station and now all three session load properly. 

In the meantime I saw so many cool things about this route including a car switching lanes to execute a pass on the highway.  This is going to be awesome to explore and, with the exception of the Heavy Metal asset above, it looks like I good to start driving!  :su:

Messaggio modificato da Frimbo, 28 gennaio 2015 - 04:43

"EM Frimbo

Rogers EM Whitaker

#30 owsleyiii

owsleyiii

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 62 messaggi
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Inviato 28 gennaio 2015 - 10:01

Hi Tom

Congrats on getting Sherman Hill running right  :su:

I saw your post earlier today and have been trying to come up with some suggestions; not sure if any of these will do the trick but they're worth giving a shot...

1) open Content Manager and highlight <kuid2:473973:100598:2> GE ES44AC GE Demo/UP #7605 and click on View Errors and Warnings and see what happens

A few assets I have will occasionally come up as faulty in TS2 Mac and CM 3.8 and by simply instructing Content Manager to View Errors and Warnings the fault will disappear: Content Manager looks at the asset in question and decides that the previously reported fault was no fault after all :15:

When this does work it usually is for assets identified as faulty (outright) and not faulty by way of missing dependencies or faulty dependencies but it still seemed worth mentioning.

* edit

2) try deleting and then re-downloading <kuid2:473973:100598:2> GE ES44AC GE Demo/UP #7605 from the DLS; even though it is already installed go ahead and highlight the asset and then ask CM to Download (again)

3) see if you might have any asset(s) Open for Editing; if you do, highlight the asset(s) and click Submit Edits (this suggestion would seem unlikely to cause you to have faulty dependencies but you may as well check)

4) perform a Rebuild Database

I hope that one of these suggestions works for you.  If I think of anything else I'll pass it along.

Sherman Hill v2.1A is amazing and runs beautifully in TS2 Mac  :cool:

The Sherman Hill sessions are all fun, thoughtful and really well made  -- and they help you get to know the route!  ;)

Wait till you see Donner Pass running in all its glory on your Mac  :sorpresa:

All Hail the Master Content Creators of TrainzItalia!  :coppa:   :italia:

Having driven I-80 across country numerous times, it is very cool to see Sherman Hill and its beautiful and realistic representations of Wyoming from Cheyenne to Laramie and then again with Donner Pass and its beautiful and realistic representations of Nevada and California from Reno/Sparks to Roseville  :cool:

Now if only I had caught a freight instead of driving one of those times... 

Happy Trainzing and Best Regards

--Owen

Messaggio modificato da owsleyiii, 29 gennaio 2015 - 07:07

"Engineer whistles loud and long, Can't stop the train gotta let it roll on" -- Chuck Berry, "Let It Rock"

#31 ettore48

ettore48

Karognenführer

• Staff
  • 10178 messaggi
  • LocationCitizen of the Galaxy today living at Colfax, CA

Inviato 30 gennaio 2015 - 10:06

Hi Tom

2) try deleting and then re-downloading <kuid2:473973:100598:2> GE ES44AC GE Demo/UP #7605 from the DLS; even though it is already installed go ahead and highlight the asset and then ask CM to Download (again)

--Owen

Owen you are right.

I had the same problem of Tom.
I did as you suggested,
before reading your post.
It went all right.

On January 26 or 27 Dave has released a new version in DLS

Ettore Grua - Kuid: 74906 - Der TZIT Karognenführer
ettoretorino48@gmail.com

IN GOD WE TRUST !  L'unico motivo per cui continuiamo ad usare Trainz

Gli stracci fanno la carta. La carta fa i soldi. I soldi fanno le banche. Le banche fanno i prestiti. I prestiti fanno i poveri. I poveri fanno gli stracci .(P. Zanotelli)

#32 UP844

UP844

Missing in Action

• Administrators
  • 25719 messaggi

Inviato 31 gennaio 2015 - 09:27

The <kuid:69593:100526> asset has been added to the "Missing_kuids_2-1-A_v2" CDP file, which now includes all the three assets that were left out the content packs:

L'oggetto <kuid:69593:100526> è stato aggiunto nel file CDP "Missing_kuids_2-1-A_v2" che adesso contiente tutti e tre gli oggetti mancanti nei content pack:

<kuid:68262:37065>
<kuid:69593:100526>
<kuid:146087:750145>

#33 e645

e645

TrainZItalia Friend

• Gold Member
  • 2141 messaggi
  • LocationAncona

Inviato 19 febbraio 2015 - 11:43

Ho scaricato e installato la route (Sherman Hill 2.1a) sul mio Ts12.

Passando poi per caso a Laramie, ho notato che mancano ancora due spezzoni di strada dietro la stazione (vedi immagine allegata)... proprio come nel 2013, quando installai la Sherman versione 2.1.

In quel periodo se ne accorse Ettore, che lo fece notare con un suo post (vedi http://www.trainzita...ll-v21/?p=61397 ).

Allega File(s)

Luciano
e645 ---- kuid: 241232

#34 UP844

UP844

Missing in Action

• Administrators
  • 25719 messaggi

Inviato 19 febbraio 2015 - 12:11

Ciao Luciano,

hai scaricato il file "Missing_kuids_2-1-A_v2.cdp"? La strada in questione dovrebbe essere compresa in quel file.

#35 e645

e645

TrainZItalia Friend

• Gold Member
  • 2141 messaggi
  • LocationAncona

Inviato 19 febbraio 2015 - 12:47

...hai scaricato il file "Missing_kuids_2-1-A_v2.cdp"? La strada in questione dovrebbe essere compresa in quel file...

Si, l'avevo già scaricato, ma ora l'ho scaricato e passato di nuovo.

Mi dà come già passati i codici:

- 68262:37065 (strada Segno di sorpasso),

- 69593:100526 (UPPM-000),

- 146087:750145 (strada polverosa).

Niente altro.

Luciano

#36 UP844

UP844

Missing in Action

• Administrators
  • 25719 messaggi

Inviato 19 febbraio 2015 - 12:59

Dovrebbe essere questa... 68262:37065 (strada Segno di sorpasso), ma evidentemente non è così :(.

Controllo: grazie per la segnalazione!

#37 pegaso52

pegaso52

Cab Mode

• Gold Member
  • 3022 messaggi
  • LocationGranducato di Toscana o meglio FEDERAZIONE ETRUSCA

Inviato 19 febbraio 2015 - 01:56

Non vorrei sbagliare ma è possibile che si tratti della strada aggiornata di Piero poi risultata inesistente?

Pier Luigi Kuid 519059
TS 10 Build 49933
TS 12+SP1 Build 61388 Collectors' edition n° 970
T:ANE CE SP3 Build 94916
TRS 2019 Build 97556

#38 UP844

UP844

Missing in Action

• Administrators
  • 25719 messaggi

Inviato 19 febbraio 2015 - 04:09

Il problema è che solitamente le doppie strisce in questione indicano una spline mancante o difettosa, ma dalla Sherman non mi risulta nulla né di mancante, né di difettoso.

Adesso ho provato a filtrare tutte le dipendenze spline non-built-in presenti (sono solo 48) e ad inserirle nella Pick List. Provo a posarle tutte e vedo cosa succede...

#39 UP844

UP844

Missing in Action

• Administrators
  • 25719 messaggi

Inviato 19 febbraio 2015 - 04:23

Non so cosa pensare :bho:

Ho provato tutte le 48 spline ed appaiono tutte correttamente.

Da un precedente post di Luciano sembrerebbe che manchi una strada di Piero, ovvero il <kuid:68262:37067>. Tale strada, però, non appare tra le dipendenze della Sherman v.2.1a; inoltre, sul mio TS12 è installata, quindi se si trattasse di questa dovrebbe apparire...

#40 e645

e645

TrainZItalia Friend

• Gold Member
  • 2141 messaggi
  • LocationAncona

Inviato 19 febbraio 2015 - 05:26

Tanto per complicare un po' la vicenda, ove ce ne fosse bisogno:

mi sembra che nei post citati sopra da Carlo si facesse riferimento ad una possibile strada che avesse solo il marciapiede a destra, perchè, effettivamente, dalle figure sembrava che lì ci andasse quel tipo di strada.

Ora però, nella nuova configurazione appaiono già i due marciapiedi, tanto a destra che a sinistra (anche se quello di sinistra è più spezzato), e sembrerebbe mancare un tipo di strada privo dei marciapiedi.

Per intenderci, mancherebbe una strada come quelle di Rossano (esempio: "strada 1 8x6mt" kuid2:53261:37027:1).

Se però questa strada o altre di Rossano sono già presenti nel database, allora la strada che manca è un'altra, o magari è una strada di un diverso autore...

Mah, sarebbe da sentire l'autore della tratta!

Luciano

0 utente(i) stanno leggendo questa discussione

0 utenti, 0 visitatori, 0 utenti anonimi