#81 owsleyiii

owsleyiii

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 62 messaggi
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Inviato 21 aprile 2015 - 01:48

Hello Tom,

Apologies for not responding earlier.  Didn't see your post yesterday and am just checking in here today.

It looks like a number of the previous issues have been fixed and a couple more have downloads en route.

For YARN/YARNish items with this error, I know a fix that will get the assets to work but really just consists of tricking CM 3.8; it removes all but two of the vertices, remedying Content Manager 3.8's being unhappy with all those stretch points.  

Please note: the assets themselves are not changed; just the config.txt.  

Attached are my modified config.txts for <kuid2:124017:26050:1> [#1],  <kuid2:506208:100079:1> [#2] and <kuid2:506208:100116:1> [#3]

Also here is my config.txt for the first, <kuid2:124017:26050:1> YARN Adaptor L1L2 (for example & discussion purposes):

Ôªø

kuid                                    <kuid2:124017:26050:1>
kind                                    "mocrossing"
region                                  "USA"
type                                    "Roads"
description                             "A kazillion roads have already been created for Trainz but, nevertheless, none of them seem to meet everyone's needs.  So I've created Yet Another Road Network -- a set of models mostly suited for modeling U.S. roads.   These probably won't meet everyone's needs either, but hopefully some people will find them useful.

This adaptor allows a 2-lane road (kuid2:124017:26011:1) to split into two one-way merge-lanes (kuid2:124017:26025:1).

See the included naming-conventions.txt file for information about the attributes encoded in the asset's name.

[polygons: 284; textures: 0.28 MB]"
trainz-build                            2
category-class                          "BT"
category-region                         "US;CA"
category-region-0                       "US"
category-era                            "1950s;1960s;1970s;1980s;1990s;2000s;2010s"
category-era-0                          "2000s"
light                                   1
height-range                            -50,50
rotate-yz-range                         -90,90

mesh-table
{
  {
    mesh                                "yarn_1L2L_adaptor.im"
    auto-create                         1

effects
    {
      ramp_speed
      {
        kind                            "attachment"
        att                             "a.speed_sign"
        default-mesh                    <kuid2:124017:15087:1>
      }

divided_ends
      {
        att                             "a.divided_end_sign"
        default-mesh                    <kuid2:124017:15090:1>
      }

keep_right
      {
        att                             "a.keep_right_sign"
        default-mesh                    <kuid2:124017:15091:1>
      }
    }
  }
}

attached-track
{
  road0
  {
    track                               <kuid:52519:37998>
    useadjoiningtracktype               0

vertices
    {
      0                                 "a.road_0"
    }
  }

road1
  {
    track                               <kuid:52519:37998>
    useadjoiningtracktype               0

vertices
    {
      0                                 "a.road_1"
    }
  }
}

thumbnails
{
  {
    image                               "$screenshot_240-180$.jpg"
    width                               240
    height                              180
  }
}
asset-filename                          "yarn_adaptor_1L2L"
username                                "YARN Adaptor L1L2"
thumbnail                               
author                                  "Madeline Usher"
organisation                            "Sentient Potato"
contact-email                           "usher@cs.northwestern.edu"
contact-website                         "http://www.sentient-potato.org/"
license                                 "*** END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT ***

This content for TRAINZ Æ is released to anyone who wishes to use it. You are free to modify it in any way, as long as Madeline Usher is mentioned as the original creator. This content may not be sold for profit by anyone. This content is distributed 'AS IS' which means that you use the content at your own risk. The creator is not responsible for any damage or loss of revenue or perceived loss of revenue in any way.

Enjoy!"

kuid-table
{
  invis_road_nt                         <kuid:52519:37998>
  ramp_speed                            <kuid2:124017:15087:1>
  divided_ends                          <kuid2:124017:15090:1>
  keep_right                            <kuid2:124017:15091:1>
}

Please note: All I have done to change/modify this config.txt is to remove a number of stretch points by reducing vertices per road to one (1).  In some cases trying to modify YARN/YARNish assets, I also have had to reduce the number of roads as well but usually can get CM 3.8 to work with just one vertex per road.  

As I said, it is not a great fix but it does work and consistently fools CM 3.8.

Please!  If gigimmo or anyone else knows how to modify these properly I'd love to see that fix!

There has got to be a better way to modify the config.txt and keep all the stretch points but make them unique as CM 3.8 requires.  Perhaps a stack or series of vertices (?); every time I've tried any other combination or sequence/syntax I get the same error/fault as Frimbo has experienced: 

Error: Multiple track stretches between 'a.road_0_x' and 'a.road_1_x' in container 'attached-track'. Track stretches must be unique.

I just found a quick and easy way to fool CM 3.8.  However, I can promise that I have never had an issue with any of the multiple stretch YARN/YARNish assets after using this fix.

Hope that helps Tom.

Please let us know how you are making out with getting Donner Pass running and if there's anything else you need help with.

Best Regards and Happy Trainzing!

--Owen

Allega File(s)

• A gigi-mmo e Frimbo piace questo
"Engineer whistles loud and long, Can't stop the train gotta let it roll on" -- Chuck Berry, "Let It Rock"

#82 Frimbo

Frimbo

• Gold Member
  • 15 messaggi
  • LocationChapel Hill, NC

Inviato 21 aprile 2015 - 03:07

@ Tom: I also tried but failed, even though I am one of the Administrators  :bho:.

:rido:   Thanks for trying!  

I just found a quick and easy way to fool CM 3.8.  However, I can promise that I have never had an issue with any of the multiple stretch YARN/YARNish assets after using this fix.

Hope that helps Tom.

Please let us know how you are making out with getting Donner Pass running and if there's anything else you need help with.

--Owen

Thanks as always for your help, Owen!  The attached cdp files worked perfectly.  I am now nearly fault free on Donner Pass and Donner Winter. I just lack the Tume downloads and I should be good to go.

I drove about 45 miles uphill from Roseville - what a gorgeous route!  I look forward to double heading steam up the hill.

Many thanks to all!  :su:

- Tom

"EM Frimbo

Rogers EM Whitaker

World's Greatest Railroad Buff
Travelled 2,748,673.74 miles on Railroads"
Memorial Plaque on a tie just west of the water plug at Cumbres Pass on the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad

#83 owsleyiii

owsleyiii

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 62 messaggi
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Inviato 21 aprile 2015 - 04:38

Glad the YARN/YARNish .cdps worked for you Tom.  :su:

EDIT/UPDATE: For the TUME assets kuid2:82412:6001302:2 and 304:2, 315:3, 316:3, and 317:3 (TUME-House-LO-IL-102,104,115,116, and 117) please see gigi-mmo's post below with a link for the newest working versions of these assets.

Previously I was experiencing the same issues as Tom/Frimbo with TS2 Mac CM 3.8 errors for the newest versions of these assets by tume.  

I do not know why but when I tried to download the newest versions previously from the DLS they showed up as faulty.

Now after installing the assets from gigi-mmo's link below everything is well and good -- the newest updates for these assets are installed and fault free! :mrgreen:

Thank you very much gigi-mmo!  :)

--Owen

Messaggio modificato da owsleyiii, 23 aprile 2015 - 04:20

• A Frimbo piace questo
"Engineer whistles loud and long, Can't stop the train gotta let it roll on" -- Chuck Berry, "Let It Rock"

#84 ettore48

ettore48

Karognenführer

• Staff
  • 10178 messaggi
  • LocationCitizen of the Galaxy today living at Colfax, CA

Inviato 21 aprile 2015 - 01:16

Thanks Owen, every contribution is welcome.

But which build use your items?

If they are > 3.7 TS2012 PC does not recognize them.
..... And 95% of our members do not eat apples ......

:ciao:

Ettore Grua - Kuid: 74906 - Der TZIT Karognenführer
ettoretorino48@gmail.com

IN GOD WE TRUST !  L'unico motivo per cui continuiamo ad usare Trainz

Gli stracci fanno la carta. La carta fa i soldi. I soldi fanno le banche. Le banche fanno i prestiti. I prestiti fanno i poveri. I poveri fanno gli stracci .(P. Zanotelli)

#85 DennR

DennR

DREAM MAKER

• Gold Member
  • 497 messaggi
  • LocationUK

Inviato 21 aprile 2015 - 06:10

Hi Everyone,

I have been watching this thread with a great deal of interest, although I am not an Apple man I am trying to get TZIT assets to work error free in TANE for PC and what I have noticed is that the Mac and MAC 2 problems that are reported show an amazing similarity to the faulty assets that remain in Donner and Sherman installed in TANE.

The CM 2.0 assets posted by Owen are not necessary in TZ12 on PC but and I repeat BUT I have just installed them to TANE and yes they have fixed three of the YARNish assets in Donner and Donner Winter as faulty.

I fear we who do not eat apples can learn a lot from our friends and fellow TZIT members who do eat apples.I for one thank you Tom Owen and Gigi-mmo for your contributions in this thread TANE is as critical as TS2 for MAC regarding assets and we will all need to learn the tricks of the apple eating friends, Route and Session writers take note.

Cheers,

Bob

Messaggio modificato da DennR, 21 aprile 2015 - 06:13

• A Frimbo piace questo

Ciao, Cheers, Best Regards
Bob
denningb@msn.com

Quando il gioco si fa duro; chiudere e andare alla taverna. :brindano:

#86 owsleyiii

owsleyiii

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 62 messaggi
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Inviato 21 aprile 2015 - 07:07

Hello Ettore, Bob, Tom and all TZIT International Forum readers. :ciao:

EDIT/UPDATE: For the TUME assets kuid2:82412:6001302:2 and 304:2, 315:3, 316:3, and 317:3 (TUME-House-LO-IL-102,104,115,116, and 117) please see gigi-mmo's post below with a link for the newest working versions of these assets.

Previously I was experiencing the same issues as Tom/Frimbo with TS2 Mac CM 3.8 errors for the newest versions of these assets by tume.  

I do not know why but when I tried to download the newest versions previously from the DLS they showed up as faulty.

Now after installing the assets from gigi-mmo's link below everything is well and good -- the newest updates for these assets are installed and fault free!  :mrgreen:

Thank you very much gigi-mmo!  :)

--Owen

Messaggio modificato da owsleyiii, 23 aprile 2015 - 04:22

• A Frimbo piace questo

#87 gigi-mmo

gigi-mmo

TrainZItalia Friend

• Gold Member
  • 1212 messaggi
  • LocationInsubria

Inviato 21 aprile 2015 - 07:40

<kuid2:82412:6001302:2> TUME-House-LO-1L-102
<kuid2:82412:6001304:2> TUME-House-LO-1L-104
<kuid2:82412:6001315:3> TUME-House-LO-1L-115
<kuid2:82412:6001316:3> TUME-House-LO-1L-116
<kuid2:82412:6001317:3> TUME-House-LO-1L-117
<kuid2:82412:6001301:3> TUME-House-LO-1L-101

http://www.mmo-immag...z/download.html

• A owsleyiii e Frimbo piace questo

Gigi Gerosa 645828
Trainz Mac - Trainz Mac 2 - TANE Mac - TS19 Mac

#88 Frimbo

Frimbo

• Gold Member
  • 15 messaggi

Inviato 22 aprile 2015 - 12:58

The few, the proud, the Apple Eaters.  :computer:

I love this community!  :su:

Many thanks, Owen.  You are always at the ready to help and have bailed me out of many asset issues.  I went with gigi-mmo's (thanks as well!) download since he seemed to have a fix that worked with the newer version of the assets. I am now error free for Donner Pass and Donner Winter.  

Time to fire up the steam engines!

With gratitude,  

Tom

"EM Frimbo

Rogers EM Whitaker

Memorial Plaque on a tie just west of the water plug at Cumbres Pass on the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad

#89 Frimbo

Frimbo

• Gold Member
  • 15 messaggi

Inviato 22 aprile 2015 - 01:45

The route is spectacular and I have no issues with running it. When I start up either Donner Pass and Donner Winter, I get a red bug.  Clicking on it gives me multiple copies of the following message:

Unknown : File bdses.gs, Line 57, ER_NullReference

Any ideas?  I am happy to just ignore it.  Things run fine without it and I am happily exploring.

Sorry to be the troublemaking apple eater! 

Messaggio modificato da Frimbo, 22 aprile 2015 - 02:22

"EM Frimbo

Rogers EM Whitaker

#90 DennR

DennR

DREAM MAKER

• Gold Member
  • 497 messaggi
  • LocationUK

Inviato 22 aprile 2015 - 09:26

Hi Tom,

This is a problem known well to Owen and me, I do not think we have a fix for the YARNish assets that cause the problem but Owen has done a lot of work to identify the offending assets and I think he intends to notify the route creators (not just TZIT) so they can investigate the issue.

I know Owen is running his version of TS MAC with the faulty bdses assets deleted until a fix or replacement assets can be found.

Here I quote the man himself: -

"I will perform another round of tests to reconfirm these three assets are the only ones that are problematic, and then communicate my findings to Jango, Roy and the Auran Help Desk.

<kuid2:506208:100194:1> YARNish Divided Highway L2.1 Exit no spacer

<kuid2:506208:100188:2> YARNish Divided Highway L3.1 Exit no spacer

<kuid2:506208:100214:1> YARNish Divided Highway split L3.1 -> L2.1 + L1

Following your suggestion, at the moment I am keeping these three trouble makers uninstalled and am glad to continue to report no red bugs have occurred since doing so in Donner Pass 1.2, Donner Pass Winter Edition or Laggan Sub West."

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Bob

Messaggio modificato da DennR, 22 aprile 2015 - 09:28

Bob
denningb@msn.com

#91 owsleyiii

owsleyiii

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 62 messaggi
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Inviato 22 aprile 2015 - 04:55

Please note: this post concerns TS2 Mac Trainzers running Donner Pass and Donner Pass Winter; it may be relevant to running these routes in TANE as well.

I have found that 3 YARNish assets, shared in common by Donner Pass/Donner Pass Winter and Laggan Sub West, appear to be the source of quite a few bdses red bugs when starting these routes in TS2 Mac:

<kuid2:506208:100194:1> YARNish Divided Highway L2.1 Exit no spacer   
<kuid2:506208:100188:2> YARNish Divided Highway L3.1 Exit no spacer 
<kuid2:506208:100214:1> YARNish Divided Highway split L3.1 -> L2.1 + L1

Please note that with these 3 YARNish assets deleted/uninstalled, I experience no red bug errors at startup for either route.
Also note that all 3 are from the DLS and have not been modified.

If you use TS2 Mac and run Donner Pass and Donner Pass Winter or Laggan Sub West I suggest you might want to delete these three YARNish assets. The routes run perfectly fine without them.  

In fact, it seems noteworthy to add that these routes all load much faster (half the previous times required) and now never cause the program to crash when I close/quit the route.  With these three bdses red bug causing assets present the routes would load much more slowly and almost always cause a TS2 Mac crash (just the game not my Mac) every time I would close/quit these routes.

With very generous help from Bob/DennR and Carlo/UP844/Pendolino I was able to identify the general nature of the red bugs I was experiencing (i.e. something to do with brain dead simple effects scripts).  With their sage help I realized I had to examine bdses related assets common to both routes (i.e. I experienced identical red bug errors in only these routes) and that meant examining all YARN/YARNish assets shared by Donner Pass/Donner Winter and Laggan Sub West.  With Bob/DennR’s further assistance I was able to narrow the field and identify these 3 culprits.

Please note that I have modified all YARN/YARNish assets that were identified as faulty in TS2 Mac and resulted in CM 3.8 reporting:
Error: Multiple track stretches between 'a.road_0_x' and 'a.road_1_x' in container 'attached-track'. Track stretches must be unique.
I attempted to fix these errors by modifying the config.txt of the faulty assets and reducing the number of vertices for each road to one (1).  With only one vertex for each road the error is eliminated — CM 3.8 is satisfied.  [However, CM 3.8 is really only fooled by this modification; I hope to learn or determine for myself the proper fix for this particular CM 3.8 error.]

It is possible that my improvised modification of YARN/YARNish assets that emit multiple stretch errors in CM 3.8 has contributed to or is what is causing the BDSES red bugs associated with the above three YARNish assets (i.e. in both TZIT Donner Pass/Donner Pass Winter and Roy’s Trainz Laggan Sub West): it seems possible that my modifications have contributed or caused these errors.  

I am very curious to know what other TS2 Mac users have experienced: a) if they have encountered bdses red bugs at session startup when running these routes and b) how they may have fixed the YARN/YARNish assets that have multiple stretch errors in CM 3.8.  

I submit my findings to the Trainz community in order to try to help others and seek a permanent/lasting solution for a) the bdses red bugs that appear to be caused by the three YARNish assets and if possible also b) find a way to properly fix YARN/YARNish assets that have multiple stretches.  

Please consider that given similarities between CM 3.8 and CM 3.9 both the YARN/YARNish bdses red bugs and the multiple stretch errors identified here may also cause problems in TANE.

Please ask questions.  I am very interested to know what other TS2 Mac Trainzers experience/have experienced.
Have any of you experienced these red bug bdses errors while running Donner Pass and Donner Pass Winter in TS2 Mac? 

Thank you very much for reading this lengthy post, and thank you for your time and consideration of the issues presented here.

As always, 
—Owen

Thank you very much to Bob/DennR and Carlo/UP844/Pendolino for your generous time and help!  :su:

And thank you to GianFranco/Jango and all of those at TrainzItalia who helped make Donner Pass and Donner Pass Winter the incredible mountain routes they are!  :vinco:

* edited and revised on Thursday April 30, 2015:

I had previously posted my letter written to GianFranco, Roy Joosten and Auran Support that identified my experience and findings with bdses red bugs encountered in Donner Pass, Donner Pass Winter and Laggan West Subdivision while starting these routes in TS2 Mac.  Now, having contacted them and heard back from all three parties it makes sense to just share the issue itself: the bdses red bugs caused by these 3 YARNish assets in TS2 Mac.  

My plan now is to duplicate this post in the Mac section of the auran.com forums to try to reach as many TS2 Mac as possible and then try to contact the YARNish author, streadway, and see if he has any ideas about why these assets are causing problems in TS2 Mac and if an update/fix might be possible.

Messaggio modificato da owsleyiii, 30 aprile 2015 - 04:57

• A gigi-mmo e Frimbo piace questo

#92 Matt3985

Matt3985

Just Registered ...

Inviato 22 settembre 2015 - 04:48

I have been using the Donner Pass route in TANE (For Mac) and the snow sheds won't show up in game?

#93 DennR

DennR

DREAM MAKER

• Gold Member
  • 497 messaggi
  • LocationUK

Inviato 22 settembre 2015 - 09:10

I have been using the Donner Pass route in TANE (For Mac) and the snow sheds won't show up in game?

You are quite right the sheds do not show up and the Bridge crossing track 1 and track 2 just past Roklin leaving Roseville is also faulty and many of the telegraph and power poles do not show up.  There are other assets which load in to T:ANE as faulty and do not show up but that is to be expected because the Route was developed for TZ12 and Trainz for MAC and has not yet been released for T:ANE.

We all eagerly await the changes necessary to make the route T:ANE compatible but it is a big job, some assets will not be able to be updated and will have to be replaced and the ones that can be fixed will all take time.  I have been testing some BETA sessions in T:ANE and even the sessions developed for TZ12 / Mac will need work to make the compatible.

I hope that helps with your concerns.

Bob
denningb@msn.com

#94 UP844

UP844

Missing in Action

• Administrators
  • 25719 messaggi
  • LocationSulla cattiva strada

Inviato 22 settembre 2015 - 10:34

Hello Matt,

we expect most splines to be troublesome in T:ANE. We are waiting, however, for a more "definitive" version of T:ANE before undertaking the huge effort of updating our routes.

And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here

UP844 - KUID: 69593 - Author ID: Pendolino - Join Date: Aug 1, 2002
TS2010 build 49933:   morte_benedico

TS12 build 61388 Collectors' Edition #405  :uè2:

T:ANE: no, grazie! (ecco perché)  :impiccato:

TRS19: appena uscirà ufficialmente :mrgreen:

#95 jango

jango

TrainZItalia Friend

• Staff
  • 4001 messaggi
  • LocationCurrently between on Moffat Line

Inviato 11 gennaio 2016 - 11:25

DONNER PASS  -T:ANE version- WIP

summitTN01.jpg

summitTN02.jpg

• Cancio, D143.3046, piero e 2 altri piace questo

Jango ----------- kuid 57230
"Zio" GianFranco

#96 SLI_Fallen

SLI_Fallen

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 38 messaggi

Inviato 08 febbraio 2016 - 12:44

So I just got TANE (upgrade from Trainz 2012) on sale but am afraid to install the upgrade in fear it will break the ONLY thing I bought the game for in the first place: Jango's Donner Pass route.

So, does it work? or should I wait to install the upgrade until the route gets modified for TANE?

#97 DennR

DennR

DREAM MAKER

• Gold Member
  • 497 messaggi
  • LocationUK

Inviato 08 febbraio 2016 - 12:59

Donner Pass is not fully compatible with T:ANE but I am sure progress is being made to fix or replace the faulty components.

The route will install in T:ANE but there are 69 faulty items so not everything is visible.

Bob
denningb@msn.com

0 utente(i) stanno leggendo questa discussione

0 utenti, 0 visitatori, 0 utenti anonimi