- - - - -

Zephyr coaches

• Per cortesia connettiti per rispondere
16 risposte a questa discussione

#1 Ospite_rwk_*

Ospite_rwk_*
  • Guests

Inviato 07 marzo 2013 - 12:56

I downloaded the California Zephyr coaches and they are great! I do not make any Trainz models myself, it is too complicated for me, but I like to reskin models to suit my tastes and to have different railroad names. I like that the regular coach in the Zephyr set has an interior camera like you're riding the train and modeled seats. Not too many Trainz coaches have that. I started to reskin the coach (a cloned copy) into Norfolk Southern red and black like their business train coaches and also used for the new steam program as well. I don't understand the Italian in the license in the config file, but it looks like the coaches are for personal use only and modification and or redistribution requires permission from the author. What is your policy on reskins? I plan to use the reskinned coach for my own personal use only, but I saw on another area of the site a user submitted reskins of coaches and they were posted in the section that has European type coaches in the freeware area. This section http://www.trainzita...p?do=cat&id=132 the coaches on bottom. It appears that another user repainted coaches made by a different user and then submitted them to the site. The Trainz coach looks so similar to the ones that Norfolk Southern has, here is one of their new ones used with mainline steam excursions. I guess the only way my reskins could be shared in the future is if I would send them to you and they would be offered as gold member items only. There are freeware coaches that look similar, but they're European and the windows are different sizes than the US coach, but the European ones have the rubber diaphragms at the ends like the Norfolk Southern coach in the photo has, but the US coach has metal diaphragms. Not much can be done about that, though. Immagine inserita

Messaggio modificato da rwk, 07 marzo 2013 - 01:12

#2 UP844

UP844

Missing in Action

• Administrators
  • 25719 messaggi
  • LocationSulla cattiva strada

Inviato 07 marzo 2013 - 04:36

@Tino: traduzione del post precedente. Per la risposta, mandamela in MP che provvedo a tradurla.

Ho scaricato le carrozze del California Zephyr, e sono fantastiche! Non realizzo modelli per Trainz (per me é troppo complicato), ma mi piace eseguire dei repaint nelle livree di diverse compagnie. Ho apprezzato molto il fatto che le carrozze dello Zephyr abbiano gli interni modellati con la possibilita della vista dall'interno come se si fosse sul treno: non sono molte le carrozze per Trainz che possiedono questa caratteristica.
Ho iniziato a repaintare la carrozza (una copia clonata) nella livrea rossa e nera usata dalla Norfolk Southern per il loro treno di rappresentanza e per le carrozze usate nel loro nuovo programma di treni a vapore. Non capisco l'italiano: dalla licenza presente nel config mi sembra di aver capito che le carrozze sono per solo uso personale e che la modifica e la ridistribuzione richiedano il permesso dell'autore. Qual é la vostra politica per quanto riguarda i repaint? Intendo usare le carrozze solamente per uso personale, tuttavia ho visto in un'altra area del sito http://www.trainzita...p?do=cat&id=132 che un autore ha presentato dei repaint delle carrozze e che sono state postate nella sezione delle carrozze europee nell'area freeware.
Sembrerebbe che un altro utente abbia repaintato delle carrozze realizzate da un altro utente e le abbia quindi proposte al sito. Le carrozze sono moloto simili a quelle usate dalla Norfolk Southern: la foto rappresenta un esemplare utilizzato per viaggi con locomotive a vapore.
Penso che il solo modo di condividere i miei repaint sia quello di inviarveli in modo che siano inseriti tra i download riservati ai Gold Member. Ci sono carrozze europee freeware simili a queste, ma le dimensioni delle finestre sono diverse ed inoltre le carrozze europee hanno mantici in gomma alle estremità (come la carrozza della Norfolk Southern nella foto) mentre la carrozza americana ha mantici metallici (Nota: questa non l'ho capita :bho:) ma comunque non ci si può far nulla.

P.S. Le carrozze di cui fornisce il link sono repaint RENFE delle UIC-Z di nicola testoni...

And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here

UP844 - KUID: 69593 - Author ID: Pendolino - Join Date: Aug 1, 2002
TS2010 build 49933:   morte_benedico

TS12 build 61388 Collectors' Edition #405  :uè2:

T:ANE: no, grazie! (ecco perché)  :impiccato:

TRS19: appena uscirà ufficialmente :mrgreen:

#3 UP844

UP844

Missing in Action

• Administrators
  • 25719 messaggi

Inviato 07 marzo 2013 - 04:47

Hello rwk,

if the coaches you mentioned are these ones:

http://www.trainzita...do=file&id=1838

they are not repaints of the California Zephyr coaches; they are standard UIC-Z coaches (a standard model built for many European railroad companies) painted for RENFE (the Spanish Railroad company).

I strongly doubt that European coaches can be used as stand-ins for U.S. coaches. Besides those you already listed, there are many differences:
- U.S. coaches are much wider and higher than European ones; only length is almost identical, as most modern European coaches are 26.40 metres (86 feet) long.
- European coaches do not have automatic couplers and are fitted with buffers;
- diaphraghms are made with tubular rubber and they do not look like U.S. "bellow" diaphragms;

I have translated your opening post so that the author may read it; I'll provide to translate his answer in English as soon as he will reply.

P.S. It would be nice to see the NS coaches behind the N&W 611, like a 21-st century "Powhatan Arrow" :D.

:ciao:

#4 Ospite_rwk_*

Ospite_rwk_*
  • Guests

Inviato 07 marzo 2013 - 07:09

This is what I'm trying to do. Immagine inserita

#5 tinotos

tinotos

TrainZItalia Friend

• Administrators
  • 8013 messaggi

Inviato 08 marzo 2013 - 11:31

Hallo rwk ... good work, You have my permission to repaint :su:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tinotos --- kuid: 164663

SE ASCOLTO .... DIMENTICO
SE GUARDO .... IMPARO
SE FACCIO .... CAPISCO
(Anonimo Cinese)
Immagine inserita

#6 Ospite_rwk_*

Ospite_rwk_*
  • Guests

Inviato 09 marzo 2013 - 03:39

Why thank you, I want to make several of these Norfolk Southern coaches, about 8 of 9 of them, there are three coaches that they had for years, two of them are ex-N&W Powhatan Arrow coaches, one ex-NYC and Conrail streamline coach with the fluted sides, called New York, and they bought six ex-commuter coaches from Connecticut for use in the new steam program, the photo is of one of them that was rebuilt in their shops in Altoona, PA called New Jersey, it was just used in the first steam excursion of this year in Tennessee and Alabama. This Trainz coach looks so close to the Norfolk Southern coaches and it has an interior view that can be ridden. Also the wheels weren't sitting on the rails, they hovered above the rails, so I entered this into the config of the bogey, position 0,0,-0.07 and the wheels now sit on the rails. I actually need a black bogey so I might replace it with a black one. Or repaint yours black, lol. I don't speak Italian, either. I'm a native English speaker in the United States, state of Pennsylvania. That photo above of the real coach was taken in Pennsylvania. I'm riding a big steam excursion this May on Norfolk Southern in Pennsylvania from Lewistown (near Harrisburg) to Horseshoe Curve (past Altoona) and return. Nickel Plate Road 765 from Indiana is powering it. It sold out now. All three days, too May 25, 26, and 27. They are having three excursions in PA that weekend.

Messaggio modificato da rwk, 09 marzo 2013 - 03:45

#7 tinotos

tinotos

TrainZItalia Friend

• Administrators
  • 8013 messaggi

Inviato 10 marzo 2013 - 10:59

Go ahead all the changes you need to repaint for your coaches

Sorry for my english ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SE GUARDO .... IMPARO
SE FACCIO .... CAPISCO
(Anonimo Cinese)
Immagine inserita

#8 Ospite_rwk_*

Ospite_rwk_*
  • Guests

Inviato 11 marzo 2013 - 04:51

Hey Tinotos, I have a problem, I want to repaint the interior walls of the coach, the walls are white, but I want them to be a light tan color, but I can't find where to repaint, I checked all the art files and I can't find a solid white area to repaint. I noticed the diner interior has tan walls inside, but the coach white. I also changed the seats to red using the red texture in the art file replacing the blue seats. Thanks.

#9 UP844

UP844

Missing in Action

• Administrators
  • 25719 messaggi

Inviato 11 marzo 2013 - 05:27

I'm riding a big steam excursion this May on Norfolk Southern in Pennsylvania from Lewistown (near Harrisburg) to Horseshoe Curve (past Altoona) and return. Nickel Plate Road 765 from Indiana is powering it. It sold out now. All three days, too May 25, 26, and 27. They are having three excursions in PA that weekend.

Hello rwk, I suppose you will take some pictures... would you like to post some of them here?

P.S. I translated your posts for Tinotos.

@Tino: traduzione dei due post precedenti di rwk.

Post # 6

Grazie mille, voglio realizzare diverse carrozze della Norfolk Southern, 8 o 9 in tutto. Ci sono tre carrozze che possiedono da anni, due di queste sono ex carrozze del Powhatan Arrow della Norfolk & Western, una é una carrozza appartenuta prima alla New York Central, poi alla Conrail con le fiancate corrugate; oltre a queste, la compagnia ha comprato sei carrozze precedentemente usate in servizi per pendolari(*) in Connecticut per utilizzarle nel nuovo programma di treni con trazione a vapore. La foto ritrae una di queste carrozze ricostruita nelle officine di Altoona, PA(**), che é stata chiamata "New Jersey".
Queste carrozze per Trainz assomigliano molto alle carrozze della Norfolk Southern, ed in più hanno la vista interna "da passeggero". Le ruote non poggiano esattamente sulle rotaie, quindi ho inserito nel config il tag "position = 0,0,-0.07" ed adesso sono perfettamente a contatto con le rotaie.
I carrelli dovrebbero essere neri, quindi dovrò procurarmi dei carrelli neri, o ricolorare i tuoi.
Per la lingua, nemmeno io parlo italiano: sono un madrelingua inglese-americano della Pennsylvania (La foto della carrozza vera é stata ripresa in Pennsylvania). A maggio parteciperò ad un viaggio a vapore sulla Norfolk Southern in Pennsylvania, da Lewistown (vicino ad Harrisburg) fino alla Horseshoe Curve (oltre Altoona) e ritorno. La locomotiva usata sarà la 765 della Nickel Plate Road. La manifestazione ha fatto il tutto esaurito per i viaggi di tutti e tre i giorni, 25, 26 e 27 Maggio.

Post # 8

Ciao Tinotos, ho un problema; vorrei repaintare le pareti interne della carrozza: sono bianche, ma vorrei farle diventare marrone chiaro. Non riesco però a trovare dove eseguire il repaint: ho controllato tutti i file immagine, ma non ho trovato un'area bianca da ricolorare. Ho notato che gli interni della carrozza ristorante sono marrone chiaro, mentre quelli della carrozza [con posti a sedere] sono bianchi. Ho anche cambiato il colore dei sedili da blu a rosso utilizzando una texture rossa. Grazie...

#10 Ospite_rwk_*

Ospite_rwk_*
  • Guests

Inviato 11 marzo 2013 - 10:41

Yeah, I love steam. You and rrmods have excellent UP steam models for Trainz, I never rode UP's steam excursions, but Norfolk Southern recently restarted a new steam program, with locomotives from Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum and Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society, the old NS steam program ended Dec 1994 with N&W 611's return to Roanoke, VA. Now 611 might steam again, there's a Fire Up 611! group working to restore it to operation to pull excursions on Norfolk Southern.

#11 Ospite_rwk_*

Ospite_rwk_*
  • Guests

Inviato 12 marzo 2013 - 03:12

I present to you...Norfolk Southern excursion coach! Repaint of Calif Zephyr coach with new
trucks/bogeys that look more like the black ones that are on the Norfolk Southern coaches.
Immagine inserita

#12 pdkoester

pdkoester

• Gold Member
  • 4 messaggi

Inviato 17 febbraio 2014 - 03:42

Error: Texture 'arredi.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'silversky_interior.im', material 'editing*interni silversky**SilverSky_interior*5667A85C*material #1*m.onetex'.
Error: Texture 'main_bump.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'silversky_interior.im', material 'editing*interni silversky**SilverSky_interior*E04D8594*material #30*m.onetex'.

Any ideas to fix this manually would be greatly appreciated. I use TS12 Build 61388 version.

Thank you in advance.

Paul

#13 UP844

UP844

Missing in Action

• Administrators
  • 25719 messaggi

Inviato 17 febbraio 2014 - 04:28

Hi Paul,

I use TS12 for U.S. routes and content, but I have not yet upgraded to build 61388, I'm still with 58414.

I will check the coaches: I think they should be easily fixed, but you cannot know until you try :D. Stay tuned.

#14 pdkoester

pdkoester

• Gold Member
  • 4 messaggi

Inviato 18 febbraio 2014 - 04:23

Hi Paul,

I use TS12 for U.S. routes and content, but I have not yet upgraded to build 61388, I'm still with 58414.

I will check the coaches: I think they should be easily fixed, but you cannot know until you try :D. Stay tuned.

I don't think it makes a giant difference, everything else is working fine. It is just the "tail car" interior that has the problems.

Thank you... :spumante:

Paul

#15 normhart

normhart

• Gold Member
  • 122 messaggi

Inviato 26 settembre 2016 - 02:47

I hesitated to bump such an old thread but then I thought 'why not?'

5a092577bd8bba43d3a17610486832b8.jpg

8a69bbafbc193c251885ef1e7b730574.jpg

7250dd595f0ef57d0bba132ec0ef4850.jpg

b2071af020a8152beef054612046b377.jpg

I've gotten both West From Denver Winter and Tinotos' California Zephyr working in TANE. :D

(power by WhitePass)

Messaggio modificato da normhart, 26 settembre 2016 - 02:49

• A piero piace questo

#16 tinotos

tinotos

TrainZItalia Friend

• Administrators
  • 8013 messaggi

Inviato 26 settembre 2016 - 08:54

WOW compliments :batiman: :batiman: :batiman: :batiman:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SE GUARDO .... IMPARO
SE FACCIO .... CAPISCO
(Anonimo Cinese)
Immagine inserita

#17 normhart

normhart

• Gold Member
  • 122 messaggi

Inviato 01 ottobre 2016 - 05:09

Grazie Tinotos!

The CZ shown with trainboi1's new Exposition Flyer the forerunner of the CZ.

ed7b33f24f01ec333c2b1cdfe14fa80b.jpg

edaa939b45036da1fb56aa0f5af01b5e.jpg

• A Kessen1 piace questo

0 utente(i) stanno leggendo questa discussione

0 utenti, 0 visitatori, 0 utenti anonimi